Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Sony a5000 HONEST REVIEW with Sample Photos by SEL1650 (16-50mm power zoom lens) (Refurbished)




Good day, Fellas!
This is the post that I've been postponing, 


SONY ALPHA A5000
with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens (SEL1650) REVIEW!

A5000L/W 기본이미지
Source



First of all, I'm letting you know I have ABSOLUTELY NO connection with Sony.
I promise you I'll be as honest as possible, during the whole post!


Now I'll tell you the reasons why a5000 had won all other alternatives that I was considering.

I have NO professional knowledge about photography, it is for beginners just like me.




First, Sony a5000 is lens-interchangable.

Oh, the mirrorless. Isn't that amazing.

알파 렌즈, 예술적 표현의 무한한 확장 /알파 광학 기술의 정수를 담은 다양한 E-마운트 렌즈, 어댑터를 이용한 A-마운트 렌즈
Source


The real adventure of photography is not only from the camera body, but all the variety of lens! The picture above are all alpha-lens by Sony.



If you still did not recognize the importance of lens, watch.



Source


SEL50F18 is extremely popular in South Korea, being called 'Girlfriend Lens,' that it is perfect for portraits, making a beautiful out-focused scene. 
(POST:Girlfriend Lens, Sony SEL50F18 Review is coming up!)

The more the lens is close to Micro, the more it captures wider view, thus, the wider you can focus at the same time, the more it is suitable for closer objects.

In the other hand, the more the lens offers macro photography, the narrower the view will be, the shallower you can focus at the same time, thus, the more the out focusing will be done, the more it is suitable for further objects.




Source



I know it sounds pretty confusing, but you will know as soon as you play with one or two lenses.






Second, a5000 is lighter than a cup of coffee!

Sony a5000 camera body only weighs 210g.
When added SEL1650, 326g.
A cup of americano? Apx.350g.


210g, 늘 휴대하기 좋은 가벼운 무게, 작고 스타일리시한 디자인







Third, 180 degree flip LCD or Selfies!

I'm not going to explain any further.

THIS, MATTERS, FOR, ME!!



source




Fourth, Low-end Price for a5000.


I did want a certain level of quality (at least to pretend to be professional) because unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my interest in photography soon. DSLR (Digital SLR) cameras were way too expensive for a beginner like me, but my little a5000 only cost me $399.99. 

Picture below is the chart from Sony, that you can choose cameras depending on your level.





Source
 I am absolutely satisfied with the quality of a5000, it is cheap enough, yet photos from my a5000 look great (at least for my amateur perspective).




There are some disadvantages people point out, though.

and that's why there's a5100, an improved version of a5000.

1. non-touchable screen

Touchable screen allows you to pick on screen where to focus.
This non-touchable screen doesn't bother me so much as it has a feature that you can move around your automatic focus center, and honestly, I enjoy learning how to focus on my own. It's fun! Just turn the lens a little bit, and enjoy the thrill of being better at photography!

2. Cannot use as a webcam (web camera)


Well, it's hopefully not impossible.
But a5100 has an easier way using Sony app that you can control it on computer and even some methods to stream video from the camera. For those who want to know, I found a video for you. (How to tether your camera to your computer)

A5000 needs just a device that you can read video signals from your micro-HDMI port on your a5000 and transfer it into your computer through USB.

I watched a numerous videos and read a lot of threads that explain how to use your digital camera as a webcam, but those only were about the old cameras, or DSLR that have video output on the camera body.

So I'm waiting for a lot of products that can transfer video signals into my computer, and I promise you, I'll share with you when I find the answer.(______)



3. Too small 

Oh, shut up. Be grateful.
I appreciate the mobility of my a5000.
It is smaller than my smart phone.


Source

But I guess when you get to use a bigger, professional lens, it might be inconvenient.
I hope I can afford a bigger, professional camera by then.



A5000 has a lot of useful features, like...

Micro-USB charger (same as the most of Android phones), Wi-fi, NFC, built-in flash, allows 16000 ISO, Soft Skin feature, 15 filters(Lomo, Retro..), steady shooting, panorama, 


I really wish it had a video-streaming app so that I could use it as a webcam,
but for now, I more than in love with my a5000.

It is perfect for beginners, after usual digital camera, I'm learning a lot by using my a5000.

Followings are sample pictures I took with my a5000 and SEL1650 bundle lens.
(POST: Girlfriend Lens, SEL50F18 Review is coming up!)


POST: Clinique Moisture Surge Review
is coming up!
POST:Clinique Youth Surge Night Review is
coming up!









To check accessories, visit my (POST: Opening Box Review Sony Alpha 5000 Refurbished)To check the entire specs, visit sony homepage.



Thank you for reading the long post, and don't forget to click g+1 on the top right if you found this post helpful!





No comments:

Post a Comment